Consulting Position Vacancy - Finance Specialist
The North Pacific Fisheries Commission (NPFC) invites applications for a temporary consulting position of Finance Specialist. The appointment will be for an eleven (11)-month period, with a possibility of extension.
The NPFC is a regional fisheries management organization established with the entry into force of the NPFC Convention on 19 July 2015 headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The NPFC is responsible for implementing the objectives and principles of the Convention on the Conservation and Management of High Seas Fisheries Resources in the North Pacific Ocean (NPFC Convention). The Convention's primary objective is to ensure the long-term conservation and sustainable use of fisheries resources in the Convention Area while protecting the marine ecosystems of the North Pacific Ocean in which these resources occur.
Under the overall supervision of the Executive Secretary of the NPFC, the Finance Specialist assists the Executive Secretary regarding finance matters of the Commission.
Finance Specialist’s primary functions and duties:
- Assist the Executive Secretary in implementing all finance matters of the Commission
- Assist Executive Secretary in payment, disbursement procedures and travel arrangements of the Secretariat staff and invited experts
- Liaise with service providers for all infrastructure, equipment, and making a contract
- Annually arrange and support independent auditors for the Commission
- Assists the Executive Secretary in the preparation of budgets for the regular functioning of the Secretariat and associated special projects
- Others required by the Executive Secretary
- University degree or equivalent in business, accounting or related fields
- At least 5 years of professional experience in the field of financial management, including experience in accounting
- Good communication skills both in Japanese and English
- Experience in international accounting system
- Certified accountant
The salary will be paid monthly in Japanese Yen of 500,000-700,000 all inclusive, depending on careers and experiences. The income tax, medical insurance and benefits are not covered by the NPFC.
Applications should be in English language and must be transmitted electronically to the Executive Secretary of the NPFC at the email address indicated at the bottom of this page by 23 August 2019.
Applications should include the following:
- Cover Letter;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Copies of academic transcripts and other relevant professional certificates (please provide English translation if applicable); and
- Two reference letters
The vacancy will close on 23 August 2019 and a short list of three applicants will be interviewed on 29 August 2019 at the NPFC Secretariat in Tokyo. The successful applicant will be expected to take up the position in September 2019.
Send all applications or inquiries to the Executive Secretary.
Telephone Number: 03-5479-8717
Address: 2nd Floor Hakuyo Hall, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, 4-5-7 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8477 Japan