Vacancy for Fisheries Specialist (Consulting Position) 2018
The North Pacific Fisheries Commission (NPFC) invites applications for a temporary consulting position of Fisheries Specialist. The appointment will be maximum six (6) month period starting from September 2018, with a possibility of extension.
The NPFC is a regional fisheries management organization established with the entry into force of the NPFC Convention on July 19, 2015 and headquartered in Tokyo, Japan. The NPFC is responsible for implementing the objectives and principles of the Convention on the Conservation and Management of High Seas Fisheries Resources in the North Pacific Ocean (NPFC Convention).
For further information on the Commission, please refer to the following link: www.npfc.int.
The primary duty of the Fisheries Specialist is to assist the Secretariat Staff in science-related matters of the Commission in order to ensure efficient conduction of the planned meetings and projects. It includes:
• Assist the Secretariat in preparation and operation of the Commission meetings
• Liaise with service providers as required to assist the Secretariat in arranging the Commission meetings
• Assist participants/invited speakers with travel arrangements and accommodation, when necessary
• Assist the Secretariat in preparation of meeting documents, meeting bags and other meeting materials
• Help to set up meeting venue
• Assist the Secretariat in finalizing meeting report and its annexes (editorial work) and sorting out meeting materials
• Other office chores as may be requested by the Secretariat Staff
• University degree or equivalent in fisheries or related fields
• Experiences in the field of fisheries science
• Good communication skills in English
• Work experience with office applications (MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, others), emails and Internet
• Readiness to work overtime and/or beyond normal working hours, when necessary
• Experience in working with international organizations
• Good communication skills in Japanese
The gross consultancy fee will be between Japanese Yen of 300,000 – 400,000 per month for 8-hour workday and will depend on qualifications and experiences. Part-time work, 4-6 hours, is possible.
Applications should be in English language and must be transmitted electronically to the Executive Secretary of the NPFC at email@example.com
Applications should include the following:
• Cover Letter;
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Copies of academic transcripts and other relevant professional certificates
(please provide English translation if applicable); and
• Two reference letters
The vacancy will close on 30 August 2018 and a short list of three applicants will be interviewed on 6 September at the NPFC Secretariat in Tokyo. The successful applicant will be expected to take up the position in September 2018.
Location of the NPFC Secretariat: 2nd Floor Hakuyo Hall, Tokyo University of Marine Science and Technology, 4-5-7 Konan, Minato-ku, Tokyo 108-8477, Japan